Welcome to the official website for the Township of Sables-Spanish Rivers.
July 3, 2020 *UPDATED**
The Municipal Office remains closed to the public. We are still here to assist by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 705-865-2646.
Fire Permits are available for brush burning – please send an email to “email@example.com” with your name, home address and property location of where you intend to burn (if different) as well as your phone number. We will email your permit to you. Permits are NOT REQUIRED for campfires. Please follow the Burning Bylaw for rules on when you can burn.
The Public Works Department is working diligently to keep up the maintenance of municipal properties. Dust control has been applied to our outlying areas.
All Public Boat launches operated by the municipality remain open at this time.
The Rainbow District Animal Shelter remains open by appointment. By-law Enforcement officers are on call to deal with Animal Control concerns. For further information, to register your pet or to place a report please call 1-800-836-6661.
The Tennyson landfill site remains open to the public during regular hours of 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. every Saturday. Please ensure all loads are properly secured and covered to prevent debris from blowing out of your vehicle or trailer! We thank you for your patience and your part in physical distancing and adherence to landfill operations.
Curbside household waste and recycling pickup continues. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic GFL is taking necessary steps to optimize operations and ensure continued service during this difficult time, while ensuring the safety of their workers. All garbage bags must be tied. Any untied garbage bags and/or loose garbage in cans will not be picked up. Recycling bins shall not contain loose tissues, wipes, masks or other contaminating product. Please dispose of these in your garbage.
The Township will provide for the purchase of bag tags at the Township office, 11 Birch Lake Road, every Wednesday from 9 am to 12 pm. Payment must be by debit only.
The Township parks and playgrounds remain closed at this time.
Please continue with physical distancing, avoid gatherings of more than 10 people, stay at home and only go out when absolutely necessary. If you have been away, you must stay home for 14 days. Do not go to the grocery store, do not visit your friends and family – STAY HOME.
Please visit the following websites for accurate and up-to-date information on how to stay safe as well as for guidance should you suspect you have contracted COVID-19:
- Ontario’s Public Health: https://www.publichealthontario.ca/en/diseases-and-conditions/infectious-diseases/respiratory-diseases/novel-coronavirus/public-resources
- World Health Organization (WHO) for up-to-date information on the spread of coronavirus: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- The Province of Ontario has information on caring for someone with coronavirus and ways to protect yourself: https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus
- For information on the Revenue Canada’s Emergency Care Benefit and the Emergency Support Benefit, as well as information on applying for employment insurance benefits, please visit Canada Revenue’s website: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/corporate/notices/coronavirus.html
- Government of Canada awareness resources: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/awareness-resources.html
- Retail Council of Canada: https://www.retailcouncil.org/coronavirus-info-for-retailers/provincial-covid-19-resources-and-updates/
- Canadian Mental Health Association offers tips to support mental health: http://ontario.cmha.ca/news/cmha-offers-tips-to-support-mental-health-amid-concerns-of-covid-19-pandemic/
- BounceBack is a free skill-building program managed by the Canadian Mental Health Association https://bouncebackontario.ca/