Massey Water System Annual Report
The 2018 Annual and Summary Reports for the Massey Water System. The Reports are based on information provided by Operators as of Feb 07, 2019 in accordance with Section 11 and Schedule 22 of O. Reg. 170/03, under the Safe Drinking Water Act. A confirmation of submission of the PTTW reporting, as required by O.Reg 387, is included as part of the report.
The report can be viewed here: 2018 Annual Report – Massey Water System
2019 BUSINESS SUCCESS AWARD
The winner of the Business Success Award is Poirier’s Clover Farm, located at 130 Sable Street in Massey. Poirier’s Clover Farm features a full line of produce, fresh meats, toiletries, essential grocery products and frozen foods. Dairy products are available including locally produced Farquhar’s ice cream and milk. A delicatessen will be opening offering specialty products of meats and cheeses, as well as hot take out meals.
The Township of Sables-Spanish Rivers thanks Poirier’s for bringing a grocery store back to the community!
Do you know of a business in the Township that is deserving of recognition? You can nominate them by:
- Downloading a Nomination Form
- Picking up a nomination form at the Township Office – 11 Birch Lake Road, Massey
- Email your nomination to email@example.com
- Please include your name, phone number, the name of the business you are nominating, and why you feel they are deserving of this award.
*Please ensure that your reasons are for actions and improvements taken within the past year and that the business is located within the Township of Sables-Spanish Rivers.
Bears in the Community
Due to the recent bear sightings, the public is advised to follow the guidelines found on the “Bear Wise” website: https://www.ontario.ca/page/prevent-bear-encounters-bear-wise
Who to contact:
Call 911 or your local police, if you feel a bear poses an immediate threat to personal safety and:
- enters a school yard when school is in session
- enters or tries to enter a residence
- wanders into a public gathering
- kills livestock/pets and lingers at the site
- stalks people and lingers at the site
Generally, bears want to avoid humans. Most encounters are not aggressive and attacks are rare.
Call the Bear Wise reporting line at 1-866-514-2327 (*between April 1-November 30) if a bear is:
- roaming around, checking garbage cans
- breaking into a shed where garbage or food is stored
- in a tree
- pulling down a bird feeder or knocking over a barbecue
- moving through a backyard or field but is not lingering