EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – PUBLIC WORKS INTERN
The Township of Sables-Spanish Rivers is seeking applications for the position of Public Works Intern. This Internship is offered by the Township through funding provided by NOHFC (Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation) Northern Ontario Internship Program.
This is a challenging opportunity for a qualified and innovative Intern to assist the Public Works Department. This role will provide assistance for and training opportunities in areas such as; Facilities and Fleet Management, Roads, and Drafting and Surveying for project preparation.
The successful candidate will possess knowledge of the operation of a Municipal Public Works department with a good understanding of: Facility Management and Public Works services by the end of the Internship. In addition, a good understanding of all other relative Provincial and Federal statutes and legislation related to the position.
Qualifications for the position include:
- University and college graduates who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. Candidates must be graduates of post-secondary degree or diploma programs.in civil engineering technology or another suitable program at the technologist or technician level.
- This must be the candidate’s first employment in a related field of study.
- Candidates must not have previously participated in an internship program.
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Certified Road Supervisor (CRS) or Road Construction certification is an asset;
- Certification with another recognized municipal or professional association would be an asset;
- Valid Ontario G license required. DZ license is an asset;
- Leadership and communication skills; the ability to analyze problems and provide advice; an understanding of maintenance management practices and the use of equipment and material;
- An understanding of M.T.O. policies that affect Municipal Public Works is an asset.
- Salary Range is: ($40,000-$45,000)Qualified candidates must submit their detailed resume by 12:00 p.m., Friday, February 28, 2020 to be considered for the position. All resumes must be submitted to the attention of:
Kim Sloss, Clerk-Administrator
Township of Sables-Spanish Rivers
11 Birch Lake Road, Massey, ON P0P 1P0
Tel 705-865-2646 Fax 705-865-2736
Proudly sponsored by:
All applicants are thanked but only those selected for an interview will receive further notice. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.